DK Glovesheets are now producing organic fitted sheets, a product that fits in with their policy of trying to produce the best, most natural product possible for babies.
- They have always sourced materials in the UK of the highest quality.
- They source 100% of their production components from within the UK or companies with a fair trade ethos.
- The yarn is from Greece, from Cotton grown locally and ginned and spun by United Textiles, who are currently applying for Fair-trade status.
- Yarn is delivered to knitters in Leicester (another small family Co) and then dyed in Leicester before they collect the fabric to their workshop in Dormansland.
- They then lay out the fabric, cut 100-200 sheets at a time and then sew, fold, pack the sheets all under one roof. The finished products are stored in reusable trays ready for delivery to Stevenage.
- The elastic edging comes from a company in Nottingham, the sewing threads from a manufacturer in Leicester. This careful sourcing of materials has not had an impact on the price of the finished product, as they are successfully competing against Far East, Indian and Eastern European competition, and offering a much higher quality product and service.
Washing instructions: Maximum 60° degrees. Do not bleach. May be tumble dried. Warm iron. Preferably iron whilst damp.